Meet the Writer: Maya Gans

Story by Maya Gans / I yelled in agony and excitement as I jammed my way up Wall Street’s 30 Seconds over Potash, and after thrashing, grunting, and thrushing, I reveled in my success when I made it about a third of the way up the route. My hands and …

Share Button

Momentum Katy’s Route Setters

Video by Jon Vickers / With the opening of Momentum Katy, a new team of route setters is bringing Momentum’s vision of innovation, authenticity, and community-building to climbers in Texas. Amin Abbasi, Phillip Symons, Kenny Benson, and Head Route Setter John Oungst work in an energetic, collaborative environment to create …

Share Button

Innovations in Climbing: The Climbing Trail

Story by Maya Gans / Whether beginning the strenuous four hour approach to Lone Peak Cirque, or heading up to Catherine’s Pass to finally tick off Seth’s Arete for some after-work bouldering, you can hear the battle cry of approaching climbers: “Almost there!” I can find meditation in the slow …

Share Button

Climbing Is For Everyone

Video by Jon Vickers and Ben Neilson / Join us on our journey as we share our love for the sport of climbing and help build better climbers along the way. Together, let’s continue to grow our amazing community.

Share Button

Never Never Land, a Free Climbing Project

Story by Mason Earle / I was infatuated with Yosemite and El Capitan before I even started climbing. Rocks and cliffs just appealed to me, and the thought of a cliff over half a mile tall was mind-boggling. I first climbed El Cap when I was 18, and it stuck …

Share Button

Setter Series: Competition Setting with Joel

Momentum Millcreek Head Setter Joel Zerr discusses some consideration for setting a competition and why he is so passionate about setting for the next generation of competition climbers. Setter Series: Competition Setting with Joel from Momentum Indoor Climbing on Vimeo. Video by Jon Vickers, Austin Tucker, Bruce Wilson and Rodrigo Arroyo …

Share Button

2016 ProLo Highlights

ProLo 2016 Highlights from Momentum Indoor Climbing on Vimeo. Video: George Bruce Wilson, Austin Tucker and Rodrigo Arroyo Edit: Jon Vickers

Share Button

Setter Series: Aesthetics with Steven

Video by Jon Vickers / In our second episode of Momentum’s Setter Series we focus on the look and feel of a route or problem. Route Setting Director Steven Jeffery weighs in on how he uses Aesthetics to take his setting from being simply cool moves to something inspiring that you want …

Share Button

Pairs Who Are Pushing It!

Story by Mason Earle / Rob and Shanna Rob and Shanna have been living and climbing in the Salt Lake area since the turn of the century. A true climber couple, they met at Rockreation and began dating in 2003. Shanna recalls their long history of climbing at Momentum, “I …

Share Button

‘PRO’fessional Climbers

Story & Photos by Jon Vickers / The dirtbag lifestyle is often romanticized as the only way to climb your heart out, but these climbers have found a way to make their jobs and other obligations exist in harmony with their climbing. As a tribute to all those who strive …

Share Button